Once a month our church has a 'Food Fellowship'. Everyone brings something and we all eat and visit. I grew up calling them 'covered dish suppers' or 'pot lucks'. I had not settled on a regular rotation of dishes yet. In the winter we had taken chocolate chip cookies and ham slices (warm). Summer seemed to require something different - as in I don't want to turn on the oven! I had seen a post by daughter-in-love Amber on facebook that looked yummy and of course then I could never find it again! I went trolling the internet looking for the recipe for this awesome looking salad and found at least a hundred versions, so I copied 3 or 4 of the best looking ones, and sort of experimented with amounts and came up with this recipe. To find it on the internet you call it strawberry banana cheesecake salad, but I knew I wasn't going to leave bananas sitting in a salad overnight or even during church and expect them to look appetizing! This is the recipe that I cobbled together from the collection - I have to tell you this was so good! It was gone very quickly and 3 people asked for the recipe before I left, there were lots of compliments. This will be my new 'summer dish' and I will take ham slices (cool)!!
(Any kind of fruit) Cheesecake Salad
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz of vanilla yogurt
- 1 (8 oz) tub of cool whip, Thawed
- 1 (3½ ounce) package cheesecake flavor instant pudding or pie filling mix
- ½ bag of miniature marshmallows
- 3 to 4 cups of rinsed drained frozen mixed berries - blueberries, blackberries and raspberries
- Graham Crackers (I bought a ready made graham crust and broke it up into crumbs)
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, yogurt, pudding and cool whip until creamy.
- Stir in marshmallows.
- Fold in fruit.
- Sprinkle graham crackers (or graham crust) over the bowl at the last minute
Graham cracker crust topping, this little bowl did not last long!!
This was seriously easy and yummy in the bargain - hard to beat!!
This was what I brought home! An empty bowl!
And we have our first ripe tomato of the season! Hubby says the first one is mine to eat, BLT here I come!
Today is an oh so rare cool and rainy day, apparently hasn't been this cool in July in twenty-some years with snow in the higher mountains! I am loving it and trying not to remember that it will get hot again soon!