(pictured here) and then picked it back up a couple of months ago. I used a 'frosty green' and a 'frosty green speckle' and if I were to do it again I would do all one color, but otherwise I am pleased with the finished product and I learned at least 5 new stitches or techniques doing it!
I had never done a border either so I felt like this was a real learning experience. It will take pride of place on the rocker for now, coming up on summer it will have to wait a few months to be useful.
The pattern was free from the Red Heart Yarn website, it's called Aran Isle Throw the website is one you can subscribe to for free and they have a lot of tutorials on youtube as well (thank goodness for youtube tutorials!)
|This was how it started...|
My next finishing up was the honeysuckle vines near the front of the house. I have to admit that in my head I was calling them the 'stupid, ugly' honeysuckle vines! I had begun the job earlier this spring and only took off part of what I thought could have come off so I could wait and see which branches were going to be new vines and which were old and to see if the new vines would cover the ugly stuff - they did not!
|first cutting - seeing if it was enough...|
|much better I think!|
I can check two things off my 'to do' list and I have made progress on self improvement - not bad. Now if it will stop raining long enough to let me get the rest of the garden tilled and planted and then warm up just a hair we will be well and truly on the way to the busy season!