Monday, November 26, 2012

Yes, I am thankful!

I think it is a good thing to list the things I am thankful for, to remind me that whatever happens out there in the world, that here in my world life is pretty good!

I am thankful
-that our country had an election and there were no riots or military takeovers. I am sure that the endless second guessing will make me just nuts any day now. (in case you were wondering – Barack Obama won because God has a plan, and this is how we get to where God wants us. It is not any more complicated than that. So now all the pundits can go home for Christmas. Just an idea!)
- for a year with no major health concerns for myself or hubby.
- that my kids are all doing well.
- that my grandmother turned 100 and I got to help her celebrate!
- that my mother seems to be following the same path and going strong.
- that we have a wonderful church and friends from the church.
- that I have hot running water – this will stay with me for awhile I think  (smile)
- that the wood stove we had not tried till it got cold has worked like a trooper.
- that we added another daughter in law to our family this year (can grandchildren be in our future?)

There are many more things to be thankful for, but I run out of time and energy, my memory needs to be jogged, I lose focus and start thinking of other things.... but the big one is this

- that the Lord has blessed us and kept us and made his face to shine upon us and given us peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment